Saturday, December 1, 2012

Facebook: "Share Posts to Group" Google Chrome Repair

I was unable to share posts, links, and pictures to my newly created Facebook group from my main News Feed.  Performing some web searches, I found that some folks had success using different browsers and one person suspected the web browsers cache caused this problem for Chrome.  One alternative is to drop your membership of all groups then get reinvited back in.  Instead, I cleared a weeks worth of browser information and now I can share posts to my group.  If you're using Google Chrome, here are the steps to take:



 1.  From your Facebook News Feed, select an item and attempt to share it with your group.  Verify that your groups name does NOT show up in the autofill list.
2.  From your Google Chrome web browser, click on the upper right button labeled "Customize and control Google Chrome." Click on Tools, Clear browsing data...

WARNING: This next step will delete information from your Google Chrome web browser.  Read more if you're concerned about this.

3.  I most likely overkilled my data abolishment but start with "the past hour" and select "Empty the cache" and "Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data."  After you've selected these items, click on "Clear browsing data."  Close Chrome, start Chrome, log back into Facebook and try sharing to your group again.  If you still can't share to your group, increase the deletion period and/or add checkboxes to the "Obliterate" list.  Your success will vary based on your browsing history, sites visited, and other web-based events, add-ons, Chrome Extensions, and such.


4.  Your group will autofill once you've successfully deleted the group of data that was messing up your Facebook experience.

No comments: